Wednesday, December 10, 2008




This was written to thank a friend on a forum of Passions in Poetry for listening, supporting me, cheering me up, and basically, just being there for me during a very trying time in my life. I wanted to do something special to thank him, and, since we're both poets, I thought a poem would be a good way to say, "Thank-you."

A Simple Thank-You, My Friend

Into the dim lit, bare walls of my world,You entered, bringing light and life to me,The vivid colors, painted with a swirlOf wit and charm, of personality,With tender care, you added comfort, warmth,And images that line the now bright walls.I look upon them fondly, bringing forthA thankfulness that you walk in these hallsWith me; our friendship has become a part Of my world now; it has its special place,Within my being, life, and in my heart,Your name hangs right beside your smiling face.Rememb'ring just how drab these walls had been,I have to thank you for the light, my friend.

No comments:

lanie's blog

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines

Followers

About Me

My photo
i am good person,understanding,humble,lovable and helpful... im good person also to those who are good to me..and im bad to those who are bad to me..